lördag 13 augusti 2016

First experience with INDI on Raspberry Pi - part 2

Last week , when I tried to control my mount through indi on a Raspberry Pi, I managed to install the server and connect from my laptop to the indi server on the RPi. However, the mount didn't respond. It turned out that the USB serial cable didn't work anymore.
Yesterday I received an EQDIR cable from FLO, and connected it to the mount. After some adjustment of the parameters in linux and the Indi client, it all worked perfectly.
Now I can control my mount from PixInsight or any client that can run the indi protocol.
The next step will be to install and test servers.
Short recap of the installation so far.
  1. Install an Ubuntu Mate image on a SD card for the RPi
  2. Connect the RPi to the home Wifi network and set parameters to connect to PuTTY
  3. Connect to the indi repository, download and install the indi server
  4. Set $USER for dialout permission
  5. Create a permanent USB entry for the connector
  6. Start the server
  7. Start the client and connect to the server
  8. Configure the site and the mount in the client
So far PixInsight can connect to the mount and send goto commands. With the search capability, I can just search for say, M27 and the mount will slew to it.
Of course, this assumes that the mount is aligned, and so far PixInsight can't do a 2-star alignment.
I just hope that this will be implemented soon.
For the time being, my intended workflow is as follows.
  1. Haul out the mount and set up
  2. Level mount
  3. Start mount with SynScan
  4. Do a polar and a 3-star alignment
  5. Park the mount and power off
  6. Disconnect the SynScan
  7. Connect the RPi and boot
  8. Connect the client
Further testing is delayed by clouds :-(

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar